Here’s a question I’m pretty sure I’ve not been asked before.
What are some of the questions that a coach can ask the upcoming and beginner coaches to ascertain their understanding of the sport of volleyball?
I think this is a subject folks can have some fun with. 🙂
There are some variables here in terms of which direction you want to go with the questions. For example, is this meant to be a job interview kind of situation? If so, then the questions should probably focus a lot on the expectations of the job. They could be along the lines of:
- Describe different defensive/offensive systems
- What are your teaching cues for <insert skill here>?
- How are the zones on the net numbered?
- What is your set terminology?
Broader volleyball knowledge
In terms of some broader understanding of the sport:
- What’s the FIVB? USAV?
- Who’s the current national team coach?
- Name X players from the national team?
- What are the major international competitions?
- What are the major domestic competitions?
- Who are the current national champions?
- Who are some of the most influential coaches in the sport?
Those are ones that come off the top of my head. No doubt there are plenty more.
This is your chance, dear reader. Use the comment section below to offer up your own suggestions.
6 Steps to Better Practices - Free Guide
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter today and get this free guide to making your practices the best, along with loads more coaching tips and information.