I posted in my 2021 review the most-read posts from the blog last year. Here I want to share with you the most-read pieces of content I shared with subscribers to my weekly newsletter. This is the top 10 based on clicks from editions of the newsletter.
- What Can the High School Coach Take From The Olympics? – Jim Stone
- NCAA volleyball rules change survey – this blog
- Ideas to Help Players Handle Errors – Jim Stone
- The Next Great American Setter – Terry Pettit
- The Volley2s Guide to Teaching and Coaching – Volleyball England (PDF)
- An Appreciation of Karch Kiraly – Pete Wung
- Help training setter consistency – this blog
- Better Learning with Chunking – Jim Stone
- Putting Deliberate Practice into Action – Jim Stone
- Stats for Spikes-Markov Chains – Pete Wung
You’ll note that Jim Stone author 4 of the 10. Overall, he had 5 items on the list of about 40 of the most clicked links. Pete Wung comes in with 4 total. Mark Lebedew doesn’t have any entries in the top 10, but has 7 overall, and his brother Alexis has 3.
I should probably be pleased that this blog has 8 posts on that list, which is tops. 🙂
Not surprisingly, most of the list comprises content from my fellow volleyball bloggers. Here’s the top clicks of items from other sources.
- No Coach is an Island: Coaching in Competition – Balance is Better
- How athletes hit a fastball – Nature
- An Ecological Approach to Volleyball Practice Design & Coaching II – YouTube video
- Considerations for Training the High School Volleyball Athlete – SimpliFaster
- Four papers about stretching – Facebook post from a researcher
6 Steps to Better Practices - Free Guide
Join my mailing list today and get this free guide to making your practices the best, along with loads more coaching tips and information.