Technically, I probably got there a few posts back. I say that because I know I’ve done a little trimming here and there along the way. This, though, is the first time the site has 1500 live posts.
Here’s the top 10 posts in terms of all-time readership.
- Volleyball tryout drill ideas (over 105,000 views)
- Volleyball set diagram (75k+ views)
- How to teach the overhand serve to volleyball beginners (about 50k views)
- Putting together a starting line-up (42k+ views)
- Scoring serving and passing effectiveness (31k+ views)
- The qualities of a good team captain (30k+ views)
- Game: Winners (a.k.a King/Queen of the Court) (27k+ views)
- Pin hitter in volleyball – what is it (25k+ views)
- Volleyball camp drills and games (24k+ views)
- Whose ball? Seam responsibilities (22k+ views)
Interestingly, the Teach Them How to Throw post continues to hold the record for 1-day readership as best I can tell. That’s from back on May 4, 2016 when the post went viral for some reason. It brought in over 2300 reads, contributing to nearly 2900 for the day. Even now, more than 7 years later, when the blog’s readership has expanded considerably, that remains the single best traffic day. This last month has seen multiple 2500+ page read days, but nothing quite approaching 2900.
And on the subject of traffic gains, this August has been the best ever month for total readership. It will end up surpassing the previous peak of last September by more than 20%. Right now, the site is on track to end the year about 5% ahead of the total readership for 2022. Still a long way to go, however.
The next big milestone is 2,500,000 lifetime page views. Barring some kind of major issue, that will be hit in September.
6 Steps to Better Practices - Free Guide
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter today and get this free guide to making your practices the best, along with loads more coaching tips and information.