Synopsis: This game features 6-v-6 play with a focus on closing an early gap, or conversely closing out a set when in the lead.
Age/Skill Level: This game is suitable for all levels.
Requirements: Two teams, full court
Execution: This starts with the score at 13-7 with the game played to 25 under standard rules.
- You can change the starting point and spread to adapt to your team.
- If you want to do more focused work on serve receive offense and/or transition attack, you can have one team serve every ball.
- This could be used just as easily for small-sided games.
- This is one I saw USC use, though I might not have it totally right.
- If you do have only one team serve you’ll want to allow for miss serves (but not two in a row) to encourage aggressive serving.
6 Steps to Better Practices - Free Guide
Join my mailing list today and get this free guide to making your practices the best, along with loads more coaching tips and information.
Please share your own ideas and opinions.