Tim Alaniz joins me for this episode. Tim is currently the assistant coach at Southwestern College, an NAIA school in Kansas. He and I worked together at Midwestern State and at Charleston Academy. The topic of this conversation is whether you can be successful with players who put winning below other priorities.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Tim previously took part in the Coaching Conversation on Training Youth Volleyball with Loren Anderson.
Here are links related to some what we talked about in the discussion:
- The Coaching Conversation with Simon Loftus and Mark Lebedew on Stress in Coaching.
- The 2-player/2-ball version of volley tennis I call Brazilian.
- The documentary Take the Ball, Pass the Ball documentary about Barcelona FC. It’s available on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
- David DeLozier was guest on the second episode of the podcast.
- More on the toward and away from motivation concept.
Support the podcast by becoming a patron.
You can find a complete list of the initial series of Coaching Conversations here.
6 Steps to Better Practices - Free Guide
Join my mailing list today and get this free guide to making your practices the best, along with loads more coaching tips and information.
Please share your own ideas and opinions.