Synopsis: This game features 6-v-6 play with a focus on closing an early gap, or conversely closing out a set when in the lead.
Age/Skill Level: This game is suitable for all levels.
Requirements: Two teams, full court
Execution: This starts with the score at 13-7 with the game played to 25 under standard rules.
- You can change the starting point and spread to adapt to your team.
- If you want to do more focused work on serve receive offense and/or transition attack, you can have one team serve every ball.
- This could be used just as easily for small-sided games.
- This is one I saw USC use, though I might not have it totally right.
- If you do have only one team serve you’ll want to allow for miss serves (but not two in a row) to encourage aggressive serving.